LOC15:00
12:00 GMT
BEIJING, Nov 30 (KUNA) -- Hong Kong police said Sunday that the death toll from Wednesday's massive fire in the city has risen to 146, with 79 people injured.
China Central Television (CCTV) quoted police in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as saying search and rescue operations are continuing at the Tai Po residential tower complex, with around 100 people still missing.
Police said they have managed to contact 159 people who were initially listed as missing and confirmed they are safe, after inspecting 1,500 apartments in six buildings since Saturday.
Meanwhile, Hong Kong's Security of Home and Youth Affairs May Mak Mei-kuen said the government will provide free housing for people affected by the fire until their homes are rebuilt, along with condolence payments of USD 25,317 for each bereaved family and USD 6,330 in living assistance for each affected family.
The government has so far received about USD 63.3 million in donations. (end)
slq.lr