KUWAIT, Sept 27 (KUNA) -- Kuwait's confirmed coronavirus cases increased by 345 to 103,544 with four people having succumbed to the disease raising the death toll to 601 in the past 24 hours, the health ministry said on Sunday.
The figures include people, who have come into contact with infected individuals, and others whose source of infection is currently being investigated, read a ministry statement.
In terms of health zones, 112 cases were reported in Hawalli, 83 in Al-Ahmadi, 64 in the Capital, 49 in Jahra and 37 in Farwaniyah, added the official.
There are 109 people currently receiving intensive care for the virus out of a total 8,014 patients being hospitalised.
Some 2,025 swab tests were conducted in the last 24 hours, out of a total of 735,918 so far, added the spokesman.
Earlier, the ministry said 718 people have recovered from the virus, upping the total number of those to have overcome the disease to 94,929. (pickup previous)