KUWAIT, June 3 (KUNA) -- Kuwait Ministry of Health declared on Wednesday recording 710 new coronavirus infection cases in past 24 hours bringing whole count of contaminations with the dreaded bug to 29,359.
The ministry official spokesperson, Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad, in his daily briefing about the pandemic in the country, said four deaths were also reported during the same period, with the total number of fatalities amounting to 230 since outbreak of the highly contagious disease in Kuwait.
All the contamination and death cases had mingled with other persons bearing the bug and individuals suspected of being ill with the germ.
Dr. Al-Sanad said non of the cases recorded in the past 24 hours had been linked to travel.
Giving nationalities' breakdown of the newly infected persons, he said there were 256 Kuwaitis, 143 Indians, 93 Bangladeshis, 91 Egyptians and the rest of diverse nationalities..
As to the cases recorded in hospitals and clinics in each health zone, he said 82 were in Al-Farwaniya, 140 in Al-Jahraa, 130 in Al-Ahmadi, 88 in Hawally and 70 in Al-Assima (the capital).
Up to 437 patients were discharged from quarantines, in the past 24 hours. They will sequester themselves at their houses for no less than 14 days.
Elaborating, Dr. Al-Sanad said up to 2,934 swab tests were conducted during the past 24 hours, bringing whole number of such medical examinations for the virus to 303,285.
He renewed the appeal to citizens and residents to take all necessary precautions to stem spread of the contagion. (end) mak.rk