ISLAMABAD, Aug 18 (KUNA) -- At least 12 people were killed in a roadside bomb targeting a vehicle in Afghanistanآ’s northern Balkh province on Sunday, said an official.
The incident happened after a vehicle, traveling from Hayatan village to Mazar-e-Sharif city, hit a roadside bomb in Daulat Abad district of the province.
The district governor, Mohammad Yosuf in a statement to media confirmed that all 12 passengers of the vehicle including women and children have lost their lives in the blast.
Two children and seven women are among those killed in the blast, said Yousaf. He accused that the roadside mine was planted by Taliban rebels.
However, no group has claimed responsibility for the explosion so far.
The blast came just a few hours after a suicide blast exploded in a wedding hall in the Afghan capital city Kabul killing at least 63 people and injuring over 180 others.
The incidents followed the peace talks between Taliban rebels and United States representatives in Qatar's capital, Doha, where both sides had reported progress. (end)