ISLAMABAD, July 12 (KUNA) -- At least six people were killed and around 14 others wounded after a suicide bomber targeted a wedding celebration in Afghanistanآ’s eastern Nangarhar province, said officials on Friday.
The spokesman for Nangarhar province's governor, Atahullah Khogyani in a statement to media said that the explosion happened at the wedding of a pro government commanderآ’s nephew, specifically at the time when food was being served and many people had gathered in one place.
The dead included the suicide bomber and the child while 14 others rushed to hospital, Khogyani said, adding that the suicide bombing was carried out by a minor.
A senior police official, Fayz Mohammad Babarkhil also confirmed the toll saying that the attacker set off his explosives early inside the house of a pro-government commander in Pachir Aw Agam district.
According to local media, so-called Islamic State (IS) or Daesh has claimed responsibility for that attack.
Earlier last month, a suicide bomber blew himself up near a police vehicle in Nangarhar's capital, Jalalabad, killing at least three officers and six civilians and wounding another 13 people. (end)