TEHRAN, Jan 11 (KUNA) - Iran announced Wednesday an official delegation would be sent to Saudi Arabia on February 23rd to discuss next hajj (pilgrimage) season with the Saudi officials.
The visit will be paid upon an invitation from Saudi Arabia, said Representative of Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei for Hajj Affairs Hojjatoleslam Seyyed Ali Qazi-Askar said in a statement quoted by Iranian news agency (IRNA).
The senior official said that the delegation is due to outline Iran's views on hajj preparations.
He expressed hope that the visit would facilitate preparations for the coming Hajj rituals.
Askar further stressed that nothing about the coming hajj ritual is definite for Iran yet as there are many issues to be settled.
Last month, Saudi Arabia invited an Iranian delegation to partake in scheduled discussions over efforts to accommodate pilgrims from Iran.
Moreover, the Saudi Ministry of Hajj is organizing discussions on hajj affairs with delegations from more than 80 nations, with the aim of ensuring a seamless and successful hajj season, where Muslims from all across the globe will convene for the largest Muslim congregation. (end)