(photo feature) by Meshari bin Ghaith
KUWAIT, Sept. 7 (KUNA) -- Al-Qasr Al-Ahmar (The Red Palace), a symbol of the bravery of Kuwaitis defending their land, stands lofty and glorious in Al-Jahra, since its establishment by the Kuwait's 7th ruler late Sheikh Mubarak Al-Sabah.
The palace, built using red clay, stretches over about 6500 square meters and has 33 rooms. The monument is famous for being a major part of the battle of Jahra in 1920, and is now considered a cultural and historic attraction.(end) mbg.aas.ag