RIYADH, June 1 (KUA) -- Saudi Arabia said on Sunday that, over the past 24 hours, one man has been tested positive for the deadly Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) while another two previously infected people have died.
The man, based in the western Makkah region, is currently in a stable condition, said a Health Ministry report revealing the figures on a website dedicated to MERS - a type of coronavirus.
Meanwhile, the two deaths were reported of a man in the capital, Riyadh, and a woman in the western coastal city of Jeddah. A man in Riyadh who was also infected has recovered.
With the new figures, the numbers of people infected with MERS since it was revealed in Saudi Arabia has risen to 571 - some 33 percent (189 people) of whom have died. (end)