KUWAIT, Nov 13 (KUNA) -- A 52-year old citizen tested positive for the
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) infection, the
Ministry of Health announced on Wednesday.
The man has recently arrived from an overseas trip; his condition is stable
so far, Dr. Mosaab Al-Saleh, head of the Ministry's anti-epidemic unit, told
"The man was admitted to the Infectious Diseases Hospital and the necessary
preventive measures were put in place pursuant to the guidelines of the World
Health Organization (WHO)," he added.
Dr. Al-Saleh noted that the second infection case has no relation to the
first one announced earlier today.
All those in contact with the first case - a 47-year old citizen, are in
good health, he said, promising that the Ministry will update the public on
the developments of the matter in a transparent way. (end)
KUNA 140117 Nov 13NNNN