Home About Kuna Advertise Contact Us Kuna's Bureaus Services Term Of Use
Register Login
facebook Twitter Youtube rss
Embassy in Spain urges tourists to abide by sovereign laws      Int'l press body says Israel must answer for crimes      Germany announces USD 1.34 mln for Pakistani IDPs      BNP-Parisbas lost USD 5.75 bln in 2Q, after US fines      Lebanese army arrests 6 Syrians suspected of having links with armed groups
  Society
India launches probe on fresh navy sex ''scandal'' case
15/05/2013   |   02:08 PM | World News
تصغير الخطالشكل الأساسيتكبير الخط
NEW DELHI, May 15 (KUNA) -- The Indian Defence Ministry Wednesday said a probe has been launched to verify a compliant of a top navy officer's wife in which she has accused her husband of forcing her to sleep with his colleagues and seniors.
"I've urged the top Commanders to take sternest possible action against those who tarnish the image and prestige of the Armed Forces, whenever such incident come to their notice," a statement quoting Defence Minister A. K. Antony said here.
The wife of a Lieutenant Commander in her last month complaint to defence ministry had alleged her husband of forcing her to get 'sexually involved' with his colleagues and consume alcohol. This is yet another incident in a trail of sex scandals hitting Indian navy lately.
In April, a naval commander was fired for sending lewd texts to women. In another case a navy officer was fired for entering into an illicit relationship with the wife of a superior.
Same month, some eight navy officers, including a commodore, were accused in a case in which wife of an officer claimed her husband had taken her to a number of naval social functions where he had forced her to have sex with his fellow officers.
In 2005, three commanders were sacked for leaking defence procurement secrets from its war room and incidentally, a senior commodore-level officer involved in the USD 2.33 billion acquisition of the 44,570-tonne Russian carrier Admiral Gorshkov, Sukhjinder Singh, was sacked in 2011 after his sexually explicit photographs with a Russian woman had surfaced a year earlier. Many believed it was a "honey-trap"; the Navy, however, had dubbed it "baseless." On the fresh case, Antony further said, "I do not want to jump to any conclusion. Depending on the inquiry report, If anyone is found guilty, we will take strongest action." (end) mub.gta KUNA 151408 May 13NNNN
 Print
  Email
 Save
Share
Share
kuna magazine


Most Read Most Emailed  
1.   Al-Awdah, one of two Kuwaiti Gitmo detainees, soon to be repatriated home
2.   Al-Qassam claims shooting Israeli F-16
3.   Iraq signs USD 1 billion-arms deal with Russia
4.   His Highness the Crown Prince exchanges eid cables
5.   His Highness the Amir performs eid prayers
6.   Kuwait embassy issues UK travel advice
    Photo Gallery

His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah performs eid prayers

His Highness the Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah
Publications

WEATHER
PRAYER
CURRENCIES
KUWAIT AIRPORT
    Calendar
About KUNA KUNA SERVICES USEFUL LINKS KUNA ARCHIVE KUNA PUBLICATIONS
Home
About Kuna
Advertise
Contact Us
Kuna's Bureaus
Services
Term Of Use
Read The Whole Newscast
Pictures (during the week)
FTP Service
KUNA training center
KUNA Reader
SMS Services
الكويت فى ذاكرة الأيام
Job Application
Careers
Arab News Agencies
International News Agencies
Governmental Institutes
Banks in Kuwait
News Paper
Local Companies
other useful links
Prayer Times
News Archive
Other News Services
Today In Kuwait's History
Events
Training Sessions
Videos
All KUNA right are reserved © 2012. This site is designed and published by IDS